In your daily work you, as an employee of an industrial company, are confronted with a variety of issues. In addition to its tasks in research and teaching, the Chair of Polymer Materials (LSP) sees itself as a competent development partner and service provider for industrial companies. We want to help you to solve the questions that arise in the industrial daily business around the plastic quickly, cost-efficiently and purposefully with the know-how available at our institute. Together with you we work out an offer tailored to your needs. Of course, we document the results of our investigations in the form of meaningful reports. For the processing of your task we have a diverse, modern method portfolio available that is used according to the problem, such as for example.
- Statistical data and process analysis
- Development of process windows for biaxial stretching processes
- Second Supplier Identification and Evaluation
- Thermoanalytical methods (DSC, TGA, DMTA)
- IR and Raman spectroscopy for chemical analysis
- scanning electron Microscopy
- rheological characterization using various rheometers in shear and strain
- molecular analysis including molecular architecture using multi-vector GPC (light scattering, viscometry, IR and UV detection)
- Compounding by twin-screw extruder with variable cylinder and screw geometry
- Film production in the blown and flat film process (chill-roll plant)
- Structure-property relationships of silicone breast implants
- Analysis of plastic surfaces for roughness and surface energies e.g. for questions of painting and gluing
This homepage is intended to give you an orientation guide how the Chair of Polymer Materials of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg with its employees and its equipment can help solve your material science issues in the field of polymer materials. It is intended as a reference work, so you can quickly find out about the experimental equipment when needed. In all these areas we do intensive research, which is why we always provide the latest state of knowledge.
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Dirk W. Schubert With 10 years of personal experience in the industry, offers patent management and process optimization support and is an internationally recognized expert in the analysis of silicone breast implants.
Dr. Ing. Joachim Kaschta (Akad. Direktor) leads the department “Molecular Characterization and Rheology”. He brings his many years of experience in this field and various industrial cooperations into the processing of industrial projects.
Gladly the team of the LSP faces your questions. We would be glad to get in contact with your special request.